Steve highlights some of the many reasons why he and Sports massage therapy can help you.
There are many benefits from massage to sports men and woman, whether you are a top athlete or just keeping fit .
Massage is an effective therapy for releasing muscle tension. Received regularly massage will help athletes prevent injuries, which might otherwise be caused by overuse. A constant build up of tension in the muscles from regular activity may lead to stresses on joints, ligaments, tendons, as well as the muscles themselves.
By having a regular massage, as a sports massage therapist, I will be able to detect variations in the soft tissue and by using the correct massage and stretching techniques I will be able help you maintain general fitness and suppleness which is essential to stay injury free.
When injuries do occur many are left with scar tissue, to speed up the recovery process it is important to increase the blood supply to the injured area. This can be done by various massage techniques. The aim is to increase the amount of oxygen and nutrients to the damaged tissues. As a sports massage therapist I can also help you with injury management and rehabilitation, where needed I can also use ultrasound.
The different techniques of massage I use have a pumping effect which stimulates the general circulation of blood and so increases both the supply and removal of substances on a cellular level. All the different cells in the body need a good supply of blood which contain all the ingredients they need for growth. Massage has a relaxing,therapeutic and sedentary effect.
As a sports massage therapist I can also help you with acute & chronic sports injuries, injury management and rehabilitation. I am also fully qualified in Ultrasound treatments.
My qualifications also include deep tissue massage, advanced stretching techniques, posture & joint analysis.
Massage can help with:
Reducing stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body
Relax and soften injured,tired and overused muscles
Improve joint flexibility and mobility
Back pain and improve range of motion
Headache and migraine pain
Repetitive stress injuries
Some more of the main effects and benefits of massage are listed below:
- · Relieves stress and tension
- Reduces medication dependence by easing pain.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow (the body’s natural defence system.)
- Improve the condition of the client’s skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Helps with depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Release endorphins (amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller).
- Relieves migraine pain.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Enhances sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improves concentration.
- Increases circulation.
- Reduces general fatigue.
- Relief for Oesteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
Now go to ‘ Some things you may not know about massage’ for more information